TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE CRSS
(9th November 2018)
(9th November 2018)
- CRSS is the Clifton Refugee Sponsorship Scheme which has been established as part of the charitable work of the Diocese of Clifton (the Diocese) registered charity 1170168.
- The objects of CRSS are to raise funds and implement a programme for the housing and resettlement in Bristol of a family of refugees from war or violence and to do all things necessary for such housing and resettlement, in accordance with the terms of the Home Office’s Community Sponsorship Schemes (the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme and the Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme).
- The Sponsoring Organisation, as required by the Home Office Schemes is the Diocese and the Lead Sponsor is the Bishop of Clifton (the Bishop).
- The work of the CRSS shall be carried out by volunteers working under the direction of a committee.
- These Terms of Reference apply to the Diocese, the Bishop, the CRSS Committee and all CRSS volunteers and explain their roles and responsibilities.
- The committee shall consist of a Chairperson (currently Professor Paul Williams) appointed by the Bishop and such other persons as may be appointed by the Chairperson, subject to the approval of the Bishop.
- A list of the names of current committee members shall be maintained by the Chairperson.
- Decisions at meetings of the Committee are made by a simple majority (with the Chairperson having a casting vote) and recorded in writing.
- The family of refugees to be housed and resettled shall be chosen by the Home Office, and such family as may be chosen will be accepted into the CRSS.
- The Diocese will provide CRSS with a bank account for use for achieving the objects of CRSS only, and signatories for the said bank account shall be approved by the Diocese. The Diocese may at any time close the account or impose terms as to its use.
- The CRSS committee shall at any time on request and in any event at least once per annum provide for the Diocese a written report of its activities and all financial dealings.
- The Diocese shall support the work of the committee and the volunteers in implementing the objects of CRSS but neither the CRSS committee nor any CRSS volunteer shall do any act contrary to the policies of and best interests of the Diocese as determined by the Bishop.